1. REM: Easy or hard question: Who is Bruno Gomes?
BRUNO: Well, I’m just an ordinary Portuguese guy. I’m 35 years old, married to a wonderful woman and father of two amazing kids. I work as a computer programmer for a company in Portugal but I’ve always loved movies and one day I just decided that I wanted to contribute to the filmmaking process. I also like to create new things. That’s why I decided to write and try to create new stories for movies.
2. REM: What makes you unique in terms of your storytelling?
BRUNO: I like stories with twists and surprising endings. So, when I create a story I start by creating that surprise and then I build the story around it. I think that’s what makes my storytelling unique or at least different from most.
3. REM: Name two screenwriters whose work you love and why?
BRUNO: I like James Wan and Leigh Whannell because they wrote SAW which for me has one of the best plot twists ever created.
4. REM: How would you define a great script?
BRUNO: For me it has to have a very good plot with a few good twists and a surprising ending that wows me.
5. REM: How do you define a successful screenwriter?
BRUNO: For me anybody who can write a full screenplay, good or bad, is a successful screenwriter because it’s not easy to do.
6. REM: If you could choose any other occupation, besides writing, what would it be and why?
BRUNO: Right now I don’t have anything else that I would like to do besides writing. I love to write and create my stories. So far it has been great.
7. REM: Writers, not all of course, are known for their harsh treatments in Hollywood in terms of compensation; what do you have to say about that?
BRUNO: I don’t think too much about that. I just want to be able to continue writing and to share my creations with others. Money is always welcome of course and it would allow me to have more time to write but it definitely not the first thing I think about when I’m writing.
8. REM: Let’s have a little fun: Say for example you’re stuck in a room with only three DVDs and a TV with a DVD player built in, what would they be and why did you choose them?
BRUNO: I would choose The Sixth Sense, SAW and The Notebook. I love these movies and I never get tired of watching them.
9. REM: What are you currently working on now?
BRUNO: I’m working on a feature screenplay, Sit & Go, which is a thriller about a poker sit and go tournament with a twist.
10. REM: One more thing: How can we stay in touch with Bruno Gomes?
BRUNO: You can keep in touch with me through Twitter (@bamgomes) and Facebook (/bamgomes). If you want to contact me regarding my scripts you can refer to ROBB ENTERTAINMENT TALENT MANAGEMENT (RETM).